Powered by Blogger.
Name

/fa-clock-o/ WEEK TRENDING$type=list

/fa-fire/ YEAR POPULAR$type=one

Monday, February 3, 2014

WHERE IS MY RELIGION GENE?HELP ME UNDERSTAND…

| No comment
I ask a simple question. Where is my religion gene? I am worried I was born genetically absent of said gene… I have tried and tried…but trust me, I can’t harness that religious energy. Honestly, the talking in tongues and the old hymns sang, just bore me and freak me out. The very first time I observed a person speaking in tongues, was a bit insane, to say the least. The person spoke in gibberish and looked like they needed to get on some psych medication STAT! Nobody in the room translated the “language” and I think that is because the packed congregation realized this was insane!


According to this video, Jesus will put the Holy Spirit in you if you are a willing participant? I lost track after all the “Praise Jesus”, “Jesus”, “God” and “Holy Spirit” words were used, every other word! Even if I didn’t believe in modern science, this is just a huge turn off for me. It seems anyone with common sense would see right through this. It is so obviously the inspired word of man, to help establish some sort of primitive order, in an ancient time!
Apparently, I have been told by a Pastor, that the devil “already has me” so I won’t be possessed. There is an obscure answer for everything. I don’t believe in ghosts and have never seen one. I believe in morals and feel that the morals I have, I have developed without a God in my life. I know better than to commit unethical and immoral acts, completely without God. I am at peace. I know my living body will be returned to the Earth, when it is time and that will be it. My body will nourish the biological elements of the planet and the circle of life will continue. I suppose, I am a Darwinian…a Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins type of man. I don’t even try to state I am a scholar like Mr. Dawkins, but I certainly understand and agree with what he says.
So, am I destined to burn in hell?
Am I destined to burn in hell? Is this the place where all non-christians go if they were brought up differently? Is this where the Holocaust Victims are? Seems very brutal and NON-Jesus-Like!
Am I destined to burn in hell? Is this the place where all non-christians go if they were brought up differently? Is this where the Holocaust Victims are? Seems very brutal and NON-Jesus-Like!
I feel at times, something may be wrong with me because…because I don’t feel ANY religious tingle in my body or heart or where-ever the religious tickle should reside! I feel all other emotions and consider myself a very loving father, husband, grandfather and human. I feel as though my practice as a registered nurse ALWAYs included empathy and caring for every patient I took care of…all devoid of the religious “gene”.
Christians and cross
Christians and cross
I tried…I really did! I went to church as a kid, thousands of times. Lutheran Church, usually twice on Sunday, Wednesday evenings and every other day it seemed! The only thing I really remember from all those years are two things: 1. Getting the crap smacked out of me by an angry mother, due to my boredom and “fidgeting”.
2. a beautiful girl in my bible study class. I never said a word to her, but damn, I dreamt of her! Oh, and  I know this makes 3, but I remember being very creeped out by the Church, especially when it was dark, and being SO bored 98% of the time…the other 2% of the time I was in the can, scratching artwork on the beige bathroom stall wall, working around the dorky “men’s meetings” posters hanging askew and everywhere in the stall, almost like the most inappropriate wallpaper you could imagine! The Men’s Meeting posters placed perfectly at eye level so you could read every word of them while pinching a loaf!
I don't mean this offensively to anyone. It is just humor, that reminded me of the 2%. The 2% time I spent in the Churchs bathroom, hiding from the boredom!
I don’t mean this offensively to anyone. It is just humor, that reminded me of the 2%. The 2% time I spent in the Church’s bathroom, hiding from the boredom!
I remember feeling very insulted by the stories of the bible (kids version). I remember the story of Jonah, and even then, I called bullshit! Everyone knows this is impossible…right? The dude survives in a whale for 3 days, with a campfire on the huge, aquatic mammal’s tongue? For three days? Really? When I asked the bible school teacher, she told me it was a “miracle” and that I just “have to have faith”! She pointed to the picture of Jonah, in a huge fish’s mouth, with a fire burning and explained he was in the mouth for 3 days with the help of God. I still could not comprehend the absurdity and I was around 5 or 6! I think it was at that point, I truly understood some people have this religious gene, and it may help them in their lives. I find it is when these same people PUSH their ideals on others, that is when it moves to offensive. So many people mindlessly say “I will pray for you”. Do they? Some probably do and if it makes them all “feel” better, then go for it.
The reality and insanity of the story cliffs notes edition
The reality and insanity: Cliff’s notes edition!
If I only had a nickel for every time I’ve heard “you just have to believe…you have to HAVE faith!” That is one of the biggest “scientific” reasons christians and religionaires give when they don’t know the answer (99% of the time). Test out my theory, ask a Christian why Abraham was going to murder his son for God? Does that even sound like something God would bother with? Isn’t God above that? Isn’t God all-knowing? Then he would have already known Abraham would sacrifice his only son. God could have avoided all that trouble and saved a lot of time with his busy schedule…but guess what? God doesn’t exist! This is proof positive that man wrote this story and wrote it poorly in my opinion! They could have at least gotten a little Shakespearean with it!
Abraham ready to slay Isaac as sacrifice to God. If someone did this in present day, they would be arrested, probably diagnosed schizophrenic because of voices telling them to sacrifice their kid! This is insane to me! What kind of God would want this? This just does not make sense and sounds like a man-made written story...a story to build on the faith required to be a servant to God I guess.
Abraham ready to slay Isaac as sacrifice to God. If someone did this in present day, they would be arrested, probably diagnosed schizophrenic because of voices telling them to sacrifice their kid! This is insane to me! What kind of God would want this? This just does not make sense and sounds like a man-made written story…a story to build on the faith required to be a servant to God I guess. Image from Goodsalt.com
The scientific fact has been in for some time. Evolution is widely accepted by the scientific community and the Earth is NOT 5000 years old! It is 4.5 Billion years old, approaching middle age in comparison to our universe.
Most European countries have more atheist/agnostic people than religious people…not the United States. The religious…the Christians far outnumber the atheists and agnostics. The two most extreme religions, Muslim and Christian… They are always at war!
Christian Muslim Diagram: 2 religions destined to collide and keep colliding! Take religion out of these stats and what do you have? Answer? NO WAR! Also no oil for the U.S. but thats a whole other story!
Christian Muslim Diagram: 2 religions destined to collide and keep colliding! Take religion out of these stats and what do you have? Answer? NO WAR! Also no oil for the U.S. but that’s a whole other story!
Religion has been responsible for so many evils in the world, yet atheists are seen as “evil”. How many cult deaths can be attributed to atheism? How many dictators killing their own people can be attributed to atheism? How many “god told me to kill him” can we attribute to atheism? The answer is zero on all. I think we all know the destructive force of religion in our world. We are at war right now in the middle east because of religion. George Bush started the war and as we all know… George Bush is one shit kickin, Texan, stud rancher and deVout Christian! George Bush was a 2 term president…proof that America loves mouth breathers and meat eaters!
Albert Einstein Rational Atheism
Albert Einstein Rational Atheism
A man known through time as one of the GREATEST MINDS of all time. A man, in flesh and blood…no magic…no stories written decades and centuries after he died. I think this quote from Mr. Einstein is probably one of his simpler thoughts on paper, but so eloquent and to the point…almost like a genius wrote it!
This should make everybody feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Just believe...have faith, and it wall ALL be alright! Too bad this wasn't true life. I do agree, a good positive attitude helps, but we don't need a bible verse to figure this simple intervention out!
This should make everybody feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Just believe…have faith, and it will ALL be alright! Too bad this wasn’t true  in life. I do agree, a good positive attitude helps, but we don’t need a bible verse to figure this simple intervention out!
It all comes back to faith again. Why the word faith. First, lets define faith.
1. Faith is a strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Ok, that is the textbook definition of Faith. The definition clearly states that Faith is based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. Lets study this a little further.
2. Apprehension means anxiety or fear that something bad or unpleasant will happen.
So, to sum up the definition of religion to me, a simpleton, I would deduce that religion is based on fear with no proof. FEAR – Future Events Appearing Real – FEAR!
HellFire for eternity. Sounds like a just judgement. Human Beings in America use Lethal Injection at least!
HellFire for eternity. Sounds like a just judgement. Human Beings in America use Lethal Injection at least! I choose not to believe in anything that has HELL as a bottom-line!
Speaking of FEAR…what about Hell? God is a jealous God and will have no other Gods before him. As Bill Maher pointed out, this seems really kind of petty for such an advanced entity responsible for the universe…everything and nothing!
I have a hard time believing in any God that would create the universe, including angels and yet have a nemesis, that he is destined to beat, but we need to suffer until he comes back? This also sounds man-made and written, which it was. It was like a gathering of Stan Lee types, writing a good comic book complete with Hero and Villain! Jesus did NOT write the bible. He was a good man, but he was a man. His mom was not a virgin. There are many “immaculate conception births” every year in the world! It’s called LYING! Mary pulled off one of the best lies ever if indeed, she existed as the bible states.
Benjamin-Franklin-Light Houses are much more useful than churches
Benjamin-Franklin-Light Houses are much more useful than churches.
I believe Jesus felt the same way as Benjamin Franklin. I don’t think Jesus would have ever picked the Vatican to preach his word. He preached to the poor, sick and weak in the worst areas, the gutters, the slums if you will. He spoke of love often and generally spoke words of peace and caring. Empathy for others. I believe that he was a good man, but I do believe he was a man who died. I do not believe in corpses coming back to life. I do believe that sometimes in science, people are thought to be dead and do come back because they weren’t really completely dead.
The Rapture! Should this abstract artwork make me feel joy inside because it doesn't. I enjoy all art but this just seems dumb to me.
The Rapture! Should this abstract artwork make me feel joy inside because it doesn’t. I enjoy all art but this just seems dumb to me.
Science can explain the physiological processes. It is understandable and tangible. It is proof without fear because science also finds solutions, through innovation, advances in human technology. Can you imagine if people from just 200 years ago were transported to 2014? How amazed they would be? How afraid, excited and apprehensive they would feel? Some of us may even seem like deities to our ancestors! Christopher Hitchens stated something like “Before Chemistry, there was Alchemy, and before Science, there was religion. This seem perfectly logical to me. Once again, maybe my God gene is not “turned on”. Maybe it is not receiving the proper neurotransmitter or maybe, God is not a gene, but a way for human beings to deal with unanswered questions by stating, “you just have to have faith”
God-loves-you-this-much-
This is completely illogical to me. Despite some false information, Nothing…not a splinter from Noah’s Arc has EVER been found. More lack of evidence. Remember, you must have faith! Everything happens for a reason! These are common answers about God, or the person’s ideal of God.
Honestly, the Christian God is VERY Violent towards life. He seems as though he is an angry god! The Old Testament is filled with death punishments, stoning, torture, adultery… I know, I know, I just have to HAVE FAITH!
Tags :

No comments:

Post a Comment